Are you looking for blue eyed dog names? You’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ve put together a comprehensive list of names that we think would be perfect for a blue eyed dog.
Because many of the names are pulled from different languages, you might want to Google the proper pronunciations. Or you can pick your own pronunciation.
After all, a name is something you should like the sound of. If you like the meaning of a name but not the pronunciation, then it’s okay to change it up a bit.
There are a surprising amount of people searching for different variations on blue eyed dog names.
Google searches run the gamut from “names for female huskies with blue eyes” to “one blue eye one brown eye dog names.”
Whatever you personally are looking for, we hope you find it here!
Dog Names That Mean Blue
In this list we’ve included not only shades of blue, but also how to say blue in a few different languages.
You might like the straightforwardness of a name like Aqua, but it can also be fun to pick something a little more mysterious, especially when it comes to the reactions of friends and family.
Imagine them thinking you’ve picked some unusual, abstract name only to learn that it just means blue!
- Aoi (Japanese)
- Azul (Spanish)
- Azure or Azura
- Biru (Malay)
- Blau (German)
- Celeste (A shade of sky blue)
- Mavi (Turkish)
- Mazarine (A dark blue)
- Neela (Hindi)
- Nilo (Nepali)
- Peri (As in periwinkle)
- Plava (Croatian)
- Plavi (Serbian)
- Plavo (Bosnian)
- Teala (From teal)
For more unique dog names, check out our list here.
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by the Sky
The name Sky is very popular for dogs with blue eyes.
It’s no surprise, since the sky is one of the first things we think of in association with the color blue.
Here, we have put together blue eyed dog names that remind us of the sky, whether it be clear and blue or gray and stormy.
- Akash (An Indian name meaning “sky”)
- Ambreen (An Arabic name meaning “sky”)
- Caelum (Latin for “sky”)
- Celine/Celina (Of French origin, this name is said to mean “the sky; heaven; the moon”)
- Gagan (An Indian name meaning “the sky”)
- Haneul (A Korean name meaning “sky”)
- Miku (A Japanese name meaning “beautiful sky”)
- Rai (A Japanese name meaning “thunder” or “lightning”)
- Raiden (Also a Japanese name meaning “thunder and lightning”)
- Sora (The Japanese word for “sky”)
- Thor (God of thunder, lightning, and storms)
- Thora (Female version of Thor)
- Yágo (“Sky” in Navajo)
- Zeru (A Basque name meaning “sky”)
- Zeus (Greek god of the sky and thunder)
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by the Moon
Some dogs’ eyes are so blue they almost seem to glow, just like the moon.
Below is a list of moon-related names.
- Akira (This Japanese name can have different meanings, but one is “sunlight and moonlight”)
- Aqmar (An Arabic name meaning “moonlit”)
- Ayla (A Turkish name meaning “moon glow”)
- Badar (An Arabic name meaning “full moon”)
- Chandra (Hindu goddess of the moon)
- Charon (One of Pluto’s moons)
- Cherika (An Amharic/Ethiopian name meaning “the moon”)
- Diana (Though well known as the Roman goddess of the hunt, Diana is also the goddess of the moon)
- Elara (One of Jupiter’s moons)
- Juno (Another Roman goddess with ties to the moon, the etymology of the name seems to be connected to the
- renewal of the new and waxing moon)
- Kaguya (From a Japanese folktale about a princess from the moon)
- Luna (In Roman mythology, Luna is the divine embodiment of the moon)
- Lune (The French word for “moon”)
- Lunetta (An Italian name meaning “little moon”)
- Lynn (This name is believed to mean “lake,” “stream,” or “waterfall”)
- Nanna (The Sumerian name for the god of the moon in Mesopotamian religions)
- Neoma (A Greek name meaning “new moon”)
- Phoebe (One of Saturn’s moons)
- Qamar (An Arabic name meaning “moon”)
- Selene (A lunar deity in Greek Mythology)
- Sin (The Akkadian name for the god of the moon in Mesopotamian religions)
- Soma (A Hindu moon deity)
- Tsuki (The Japanese word for “moon”)
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by Plants and Animals
These names are based on plants or animals that bring the color blue to mind.
- Bluebell (A flower; you could also shorten this name to Bell)
- Blue Jay (Jay for short)
- Hector (A type of dolphin)
- Iris (these flowers can be a beautiful blue shade)
- Ridley (A type of sea turtle)
- Robin (Think of a robin’s egg)
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by the Wind
The wind is often illustrated as a light blue shade, and perhaps we think of it this way because we see the wind as part of the sky.
Either way, there is something about the wind that seems to resonate well with the image of a dog’s pale blue eyes.
That’s why we’ve included these wind inspired names.
- Aang (The main character whose natural element was air from Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- Aizea (A Basque name meaning “the wind”)
- Anila (A Sanskrit name meaning “the wind”)
- Bise (Defined as “a cold wind; especially, a cold dry north wind of southern France, Switzerland, and Italy”)
- Bora (Defined as “a strong, cold, dry northeast wind blowing in the upper Adriatic”)
- Buran (Defined as “a northeasterly wind of gale force in Russia and central Asia usually identified with sandstorms in summer and blizzards in winter”)
- Buster (From Southerly Buster, a storm or front of air coming from the south)
- Kaze (The Japanese word for “wind”)
- Shamal (Defined as “a hot, dry northwesterly wind blowing across the Persian Gulf in summer, typically causing sandstorms”)
- Zonda (A dry wind, often carrying dust, that occurs on the eastern slope of the Andes, in Argentina)
If you’re looking specifically for blue eyed male dog names, you might want to also check out our list of male dog names.
Blue Eyed Dog Names Inspired by Water
Water is another thing we associate with the color blue. In this list, all of the names relate to water in some way.
- Aegir (Norse god of the sea)
- Bay (Defined as “a broad inlet of the sea where the land curves inward”)
- Brooke (“A small stream”)
- Caspian (As in the Caspian Sea)
- Conway (An old Welsh name meaning “holy river”)
- Darya (“Sea” in Persian)
- Dylan (Welsh name meaning “son of the sea”)
- Earwyn (An English name meaning “friend of the sea”)
- Eddy (Defined as “a circular movement of water, counter to a main current, causing a small whirlpool”)
- Haf (Icelandic for “ocean”)
- Indra (Meaning “possessing drops of rain” in Sanskrit)
- Jennifer (This name means “white wave”)
- Ler/Lir (A sea god from Irish mythology)
- Kai (A hawaiian name meaning “sea”)
- Marina (This name means “from the sea”)
- Maris (A Latin name meaning “of the sea”)
- Masika (Egyptian name meaning “born during rain”)
- Mazu (This is the name of a Chinese sea goddess)
- Mira (Sanskrit name meaning “ocean”)
- Mizu (Japanese word for “water”)
- Murdoch (A Gaelic name meaning “protector of the sea”)
- Nami (A Japanese name meaning “wave”)
- Neptune (The Roman god of the sea)
- Nerida (A Greek name meaning “sea nymph; mermaid”)
- Nerissa (A Greek name meaning “sea nymph”)
- Rain / Raina
- Sedna (An Inuit sea goddess)
- Talia (A Hebrew name meaning “gentle rain or dew from heaven”)
- Ula (The origin of this name is contested, but the meaning is “sea jewel”)
- Umi / Umiko (“Sea/child of the sea” in Japanese)
- Varsha (A Hindu name meaning “rain”)
- Zale (A Greek name meaning “power of the sea”)
Are you looking for names for female dogs with blue eyes?
This list of female dog names might give you some more ideas!
Names of Famous Sea Characters
All of these famous characters either live in the ocean or have an affinity with it.
Since the ocean brings blue to mind, the names of famous sea characters could also be a great match for a blue eyed dog.
- Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
- Alana (Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Attina, Adella, and Alana are all Ariel’s sisters)
- Crush (Finding Nemo)
- Dory (Finding Nemo)
- Madison (Splash)
- Ondine (Ondine)
- Oscar (Shark Tale)
- Patrick (SpongeBob)
- Ponyo (Studio Ghibli’s Ponyo)
- Sandy (SpongeBob)
- Sirena (A mermaid from Netflix’s adaptation of H2O: Just Add Water)
- Willy (Free Willy)
Other Blue Eyed Dog Names
These names didn’t fit into any of our other categories, but they still remind us of the color blue and seem like they would fit a blue-eyed dog well.
- Beryl (A type of crystal that can be blue in color)
- China (“China eye” is used to describe dogs that have one eye that is clear blue, but flecked with a white or lighter blue)
- Lapis (From Lapis Lazuli)
- Levi (The jeans company)
- Smalt (Glass that is colored blue with cobalt oxide)
For more cool dog names, check out this list!
Blue Eyed Puppy Names
The blue eyes of a dog are beautiful, and they often look as if they have the power to see right through us.
They can be pale and calm, reminding us of water or a clear sky, or they can be bright and shocking like lightning. Some may even seem as if they glow like the moon.
Whatever images your dog’s blue eyes evoke, we hope that our article has helped you find the perfect name for him or her.
Let us know in the comments!